- Are you PASSIONATE about delivering an exceptional guest experience?
- Manage award-winning restaurant, rooftop bar and all function areas
- Key leadership role working closely with General Manager
Located in the fashionable suburb of New Farm, Spicers Balfour Hotel is just minutes from the Brisbane city centre. Step inside this iconic Queenslander and you’ll discover a chic and stylish interior that’s welcoming and warm and perfectly complements the high standard of personal service expected from a Spicers Retreat. An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Restaurant and Functions Manager to join the team.
As Restaurant and Functions Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the running of The Balfour Kitchen as well as the renowned roof-top bar and a variety of functions and events. You will lead a team of hospitality professionals to ensure seamless operations and exceptional guest service delivery in both the restaurant and associated function, bar and room service areas. This is a fast-paced and diverse role that allows you to capitalise on your food and beverage experience whilst also developing and managing a high performing team.
To be successful in this position, you will have solid knowledge of fine food and wine coupled with a flair for providing exceptional customer service. You will have a genuine passion for ‘everything hospitality’ and thrive in a dynamic and collaborative team environment. Integral to this role is versatility and the ability to go above and beyond regardless of the task required. You will display a high level of initiative and be able to think quickly on your feet whilst remaining focused on delivering a superb customer experience.
All applicants will need to demonstrate:
- leadership experience managing and developing a team/s of food and beverage staff
- experience overseeing functions and events will be highly advantageous
- solid business acumen and a passion for selling and achieving targets
- immaculate presentation standards
- commitment to providing 5 star service
- availability to work evenings and weekends on a rotating roster
What we offer you:
At Spicers Retreats we promote a friendly and supportive team environment. We are committed to helping our people achieve their personal and career goals and we regularly celebrate our successes with great food and wine, entertainment and good humour at our quarterly 'Spice Nights' and annual gala Awards Night. Aside from our festivities your hard work and dedication will be recognised and rewarded through:
- Regular training and ongoing support
- Competitive remuneration
- Job security and career progression
- Generous team discounts at our award winning retreats
If you're looking for more than just a job, apply now and celebrate a career you’ll love!